|Medellin, Colombia or San Jose, Costa Rica|
Gorilla Logic provides custom application development services on the ground and in the cloud to many of the world's leading software-driven organizations. Our highly collaborative, Agile Gorillas are uniquely qualified to implement complex software initiatives and are skilled at large Agile implementations. As an established leader in mobile, Internet, and enterprise application development we attract some of the most talented developers and interesting projects. Gorilla Logic's commitment to solving advanced technology issues enables us to deliver high-quality, full-featured applications we are proud of.
• Full-time employment with Gorilla Logic
• Work out of our very modern office in San Jose, Costa Rica or Medellín, Colombia
• Position available to start ASAP; Flexible for 30-day notice
• Fun environment and flexible work schedule
• Paid company private insurance and compensated days off
• Product ownership, close-knit team, and endless opportunities within company!
Gorilla Logic is looking for a Backend Engineer. This is a unique and highly technical role responsible for server-side web application logic as well as integration of the front-end development, requiring outstanding programming skills and a passion for developing applications. Our environment will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination.
• Create efficient code and improve the server-side applications and databases
• Ensure high performance and responsiveness to request from the front-end
• Write web services and API’s used by front-end web and mobile developers
• Collaborate with front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive code to enhance the user experience
• Define and communicate technical and design requirements
• Build high-quality reusable code that be used in the future
• Conducts unit test, code reviews, refactors the current source code, assesses and improves application performance and maintains design and code documentation
• Demonstrate good Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Required English Level: Upper intermediate to advanced
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
• 3+ years of back-end development experience
• 2+ years of programming experience in Ruby/Rails
• Version control, such as Git, CVS, TFS or SVN, and CI/CD fundamentals
• In-depth knowledge of the entire process of web development (design, development, and deployment)
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, experience with ORM frameworks
• Experience with microservices architecture
• Experience with RESTful Web Services, API’s and asynchronous data flow
• Experience with Testing and Debugging
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
• Understanding the differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (Containers and Orchestration)
• Cloud development experience with AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud
• Familiarity with modern frontend frameworks such as Angular, React, and/or Vue
• Experience with technologies like GraphQL, serverless architecture and/or Web Sockets
• Experience with Caching, Messaging and Streaming (Redis, Kafka, Flink, RabbitMQ)
• Familiar with tech stacks like Java/Spring, Node.js/Express, .NET/C#, or Python/Flask
• Experience with Entity Framework
• Client called out Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis and AWS experience
Would you like to apply to this job?
While we may not currently have an open role that fits your skill set, we encourage you to submit your resume and begin our technical testing process!