|Senior DevOps AWS|
|Medellin, Colombia or San Jose, Costa Rica|
Gorilla Logic provides custom application development services on the ground and in the cloud to many of the world's leading software-driven organizations. Our highly collaborative, Agile Gorillas are uniquely qualified to implement complex software initiatives and are skilled at large Agile implementations. As an established leader in mobile, internet, and enterprise application development we attract some of the most talented developers and interesting projects. Gorilla Logic's commitment to solving advanced technology issues enables us to deliver high-quality, full-featured applications we are proud of.
· Hiring remote, full-time employees within Costa Rica & Colombia
· Paid private insurance and compensated days off
· Quarterly travel to our modern offices in based San Jose, Costa Rica or Medellín, Colombia
· Align to US-based business hours; potential travel to US-based client sites
· Utilize Zoom video & audio calls to collaborate across locations
· Access to best-in-class technical training
· Endless career paths & growth opportunities within technology consulting!
Senior DevOps Engineer
Gorilla Logic is working is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer, who will work with a team of engineers building and maintaining our client’s web application. You will apply your skills and experience to build and run a world class SaaS environment, support escalations within incident/problem management, infrastructure tools, automating software deployments and improving the continuous integration process, and work closely with the product engineering teams to ensure products are secure, highly available and scalable. The ideal candidate has demonstrated success with planning and creating cloud-based infrastructure-as-code solutions for engineering enablement. Our environment will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination.
· Build automation tools and components to aid in installation and provisioning of cloud-based applications in AWS
· Create and manage the Continuous Delivery pipeline to support the automated deployment of products and services
· Create and maintain monitoring capabilities of applications and infrastructure
· Participate in the implementation of software projects
· Designing, and developing reliable and maintainable applications
· Mentor and train less experienced DevOps engineers
· Participate in design and architecture discussions with architects and principal engineers
· Build tools to reduce occurrences or errors and improve customer experience
· Perform root cause analysis for production errors
· Investigate and resolve technical issues
· Develop scripts to automate systems
· Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
· 5+ years demonstrated DevOps experience in a SaaS product company
· 5+ years of experience building and managing a build and continuous integration environment with technologies like Jenkins, Maven and Gradle
· 5+ years of Linux experience including experience with shell scripting, networking, storage and release management
· 3+ years of hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services
· Demonstrated expertise in continuous integration/delivery/deployment
· Demonstrated expertise in builds and packaging in a Linux/Java/node.js such as Maven, NPM, etc.
· Strong background in managing revision control systems (e.g. GitHub/BitBucket, Artifactory, Nexus)
· Demonstrated expertise with infrastructure automation tooling utilizing tools such as Terraform and Cloudformation
· Expertise with configuration management concepts and software such as Ansible
· Expertise with enterprise monitoring solutions (e.g. AppDyanmics, New Relic, Prometheus and Splunk)
· Demonstrated ability with at least one scripting language (e.g. Python, Bash, perl, Ruby)
· Deep experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
· Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
· Experience with agile and test-driven development practices, including automated unit testing frameworks and continuous integration product
· Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members
· Good Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
· Prior Experience with Node.js ● Java ● Python
Would you like to apply to this job?
While we may not currently have an open role that fits your skill set, we encourage you to submit your resume and begin our technical testing process!