|Senior Product Owner / Scrum Master|
|Medellin, Colombia or San Jose, Costa Rica|
Gorilla Logic provides custom application development services on the ground and in the cloud to many of the world's leading software-driven organizations. Our highly collaborative, Agile Gorillas are uniquely qualified to implement complex software initiatives and are skilled at large Agile implementations. As an established leader in mobile, Internet, and enterprise application development we attract some of the most talented developers and interesting projects. Gorilla Logic's commitment to solving advanced technology issues enables us to deliver high-quality, full-featured applications we are proud of.
● Full-time employment with Gorilla Logic.
● Work out of our very modern office in San Jose, Costa Rica or Medellín, Colombia.
● Position available to start ASAP; Flexible for 30-day notice.
● Fun environment and flexible work schedule.
● Paid company private insurance and compensated days off.
● Product ownership, close-knit team, and endless opportunities within the company!
Senior Product Owner / Scrum Master
Gorilla Logic is looking for a Senior Product Owner to work as a member of an Agile team responsible for defining user stories, prioritizing backlog, lead planning and release cycles to enable the vision and value our clients want to create. Our environment will require you to work effectively with your teammates. But your real success will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination.
● Take the lead of Agile/Scrum teams as the product owner.
● Provide backlog management, iteration planning and detailed user stories.
● Leading scrum events (daily standups, refinements, demos, planning) as needed.
● Collaborate with product management, business owners and other key stakeholders to prioritize and translate business vision into user stories.
● Maximize value produced by the team and provide clarity on user stories.
● Preparation and participation in backlog refinement, iteration planning and user story acceptance.
● Helps to remove obstacles from the development team.
● Ability to set, prioritize and evaluate the work of agile development teams.
● Excellent leadership and communications skills required.
● Ability to ensure the correct use of Agile processes.
● Good Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
● 5+ years product management or product owner experience in an Agile environment.
● 2+ years scrum master experience in an Agile environment.
● First level Scrum Master certification (CSM or similar).
● Demonstrated experience with bringing multiple products to market.
● Experience in backlog management, iteration planning and detailed user stories.
● Demonstrated ability to communicate well with key customer stakeholders.
● Experience leading planning and product release cycles and feature definition.
● Experience in Agile/Scrum best practices and methods, including recent trends.
● Experience providing product direction for web and/or mobile applications.
● Experience with story mapping, demos, vision, roadmap, value stream and project ROI.
● Experience with Agile management tools like JIRA, Rally and Pivotal Tracker.
● Experience with prioritization techniques.
● Experience working with design teams and client business analyst.
● Experience translating business requirements into user stories for development.
● Certified Scrum Product Owner.
● Agile Scrum Master experience.
● Scaled Agile experience using either SAFe or Lean.
● Property and casualty insurance experience.
● Basic understanding of API behavior and reading schemas.
● Prior familiarity with React/.NET/Mongo/SQL tech stack.
Would you like to apply to this job?
While we may not currently have an open role that fits your skill set, we encourage you to submit your resume and begin our technical testing process!