|Senior Backend Engineer (PHP)|
|Medellin, Colombia or San Jose, Costa Rica|
Gorilla Logic provides custom application development services on the ground and in the cloud to many of the world's leading software-driven organizations. Our highly collaborative, Agile Gorillas are uniquely qualified to implement complex software initiatives and are skilled at large Agile implementations. As an established leader in mobile, internet, and enterprise application development we attract some of the most talented developers and interesting projects. Gorilla Logic's commitment to solving advanced technology issues enables us to deliver high-quality, full-featured applications we are proud of.
· Hiring remote, full-time employees within Costa Rica & Colombia.
· Paid private insurance and compensated days off.
· Quarterly travel to our modern offices in based San Jose, Costa Rica or Medellín, Colombia.
· Align to US-based business hours; potential travel to US-based client sites.
· Utilize Zoom video & audio calls to collaborate across locations.
· Access to best-in-class technical training.
· Endless career paths & growth opportunities within technology consulting!
Senior Backend Engineer (PHP)
Gorilla Logic is working is looking for a Senior Backend Engineering, who will work with a team of engineers building and maintaining our client’s web application. You will apply your skills and experience to develop reliable, scalable and sustainable world class application for industrial equipment auction bidding. Our environment will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination.
· Responsible for backend platform development using PHP/Laravel.
· Create efficient code and improve server-side applications and databases.
· Responsible for design, building and implementation of SaaS applications.
· Development of API integration with multiple external third-party partners.
· Participating in the design, documentation and creation of scalable and secure software.
· Proficient in back-end languages, frameworks and databases.
· Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions.
· Define, document and communicate technical requirements.
· Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
· Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members.
· Good Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
· 5+ years of web application development experience.
· 5+ years of programming back-end experience in PHP/Laravel.
· 3+ years of experience implementing applications in Amazon Web Services.
· Experience with databases such as MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
· Knowledge of CI/CD, including branching strategies, pipelines and test automation.
· Experience with modern service-based architecture.
· Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
· Experience with custom API integration in support of multiple external partners.
· Experience with RESTful Web Services, API’s and asynchronous data flow.
· Write unit, integration and functional test.
· Programming experience in Node.js/Express.
· Familiarity and background with real-time bidding engines.
· Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (Containers and Orchestration).
· Experience with WebSocket API development.
Would you like to apply to this job?
While we may not currently have an open role that fits your skill set, we encourage you to submit your resume and begin our technical testing process!