|Senior UI/UX Designer|
|San Jose, Costa Rica|
Gorilla Logic provides custom application development services on the ground and in the cloud to many of the world's leading software-driven organizations. Our highly collaborative, Agile Gorillas are uniquely qualified to implement complex software initiatives and are skilled at large Agile implementations. As an established leader in mobile, internet, and enterprise application development we attract some of the most talented developers and interesting projects. Gorilla Logic's commitment to solving advanced technology issues enables us to deliver high-quality, full-featured applications we are proud of.
● Full-time employment with Gorilla Logic
● Work out of our very modern office in San Jose, Costa Rica or Medellín, Colombia
● Position available to start ASAP; Flexible for 30-day notice
● Fun environment and flexible work schedule
● Paid company private insurance and compensated days off
● Product ownership, close-knit team, and endless opportunities within the company!
Senior UI/UX Designer
Gorilla Logic is looking for a Senior UI/UX Designer. This is a unique and highly technical role, requiring strong UI/UX experience in delivering a leading-edge platform solution. Our environment will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination.
● Collaborate and articulate complex ideas, then document them (using appropriately chosen, informed deliverables such as sketches, wireframes, prototypes, sitemaps, user flow, personas, and scenarios) to drive decisions and reach shared understanding.
● Create and scale design systems to make clean and elegant experiences using best practices in UI, mobile and desktop patterns, navigation design, accessibility, and usability.
● Create consistent, detailed obsessed, visual designs and prototypes across various platforms and domains, which includes responsive designs, mobile designs and annotated deliverables like style guides and wireframes.
● Collaborate with peers and engineers to work through interaction problems and deliver "Ready for Dev" prototypes and assets.
● Work with product managers to define products (requirements, strategic functionality, interactions)
● Use sharp judgment and visionary leadership skills to guide the teams through the creative process, including design thinking and lean UX, to launch engaging, strategic world-class work
● Participate in agile ceremonies to collaborate, ship, and improve products
● Have the ability to execute with limited direction. Takes the initiative to solve problems big and small.
● Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
● Strong client facing communication skills, having the ability to articulate design decisions to a variety of audiences, including tech leads, company leaders, project owners.
● Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
● 5+ years of UI/UX design experience
● Provide a portfolio of work to review with best-in-class work, displays quality examples and inspiring projects that tackle interaction design problems.
● Share examples of released work or shipped product
● Must use Figma, and be familiar with prototyping tools and other design applications while open to learning new tools and techniques like Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, Adobe Creative Suite
● Familiarity of platform conventions on iOS, Android, and web as well as an understanding of when to break them
● Experience shipping products and enjoy working with agile development teams on software applications, and helping clients focus on realistic deliverables.
● Experience with scaling design systems
● Experience with a CSS framework like Bootstrap and Material Design
● Strong UX experience for designing greenfield products
● Experience with common Agile software development and collaboration tools
Would you like to apply to this job?
While we may not currently have an open role that fits your skill set, we encourage you to submit your resume and begin our technical testing process!