|Backend Developer (Go)|
|Medellin, Colombia or San Jose, Costa Rica|
Gorilla Logic provides custom application development services on the ground and in the cloud to many of the world's leading software-driven organizations. Our highly collaborative, Agile Gorillas are uniquely qualified to implement complex software initiatives and are skilled at large Agile implementations. As an established leader in mobile, internet, and enterprise application development we attract some of the most talented developers and interesting projects. Gorilla Logic's commitment to solving advanced technology issues enables us to deliver high-quality, full-featured applications we are proud of.
• Full-time employment with Gorilla Logic
• Work out of our very modern office in San Jose, Costa Rica or Medellín, Colombia
• Position available to start ASAP; Flexible for 30-day notice
• Fun environment and flexible work schedule
• Paid company private insurance and compensated days off
• Product ownership, close-knit team, and endless opportunities within company!
Gorilla Logic is working with our client who is an industry leader in providing directory-as-a-service, single sign on and mobile device management space. We are looking for a Backend Developer, who will work with a team of engineers building and maintaining our client’s web application. This role requires implementing visual and interactive elements that users engage with through their web browser when using a web application. Our environment will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination.
• Developing new web services to support new application features
• Developing exhaustive unit tests to test all web services
• Write reusable code and libraries
• Maintain and follow application development standards
• Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
• Ability to effectively communicate with creative team and clients
• Ensure the use of best practices across projects
• Actively participating in the technical decision making and architecture
• Required English Level: Upper intermediate to advanced
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
• 3+ years of backend development experience
• 2+ years of experience developing REST-based web services
• 6+ months of development experience with Go and/or NodeJS; Go preferred
• Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases; both preferred
• Version control, such as Git, CVS, TFS or SVN, and CI/CD fundamentals
• Experience with writing unit test, debugging and optimizing application code
• Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills to interact with Agile team members
• Good Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication
• Experience with Go or be willing to learn
• Experience with MongoDB
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (Containers and Orchestration)
• Experience with GraphQL
• Experience with SSO such as SAML, oAuth, OpenID Connect, etc.
• Cloud development experience with AWS, Azure and/or GCP
• Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
• Web development experience
• Vue experience
Would you like to apply to this job?
While we may not currently have an open role that fits your skill set, we encourage you to submit your resume and begin our technical testing process!