|Senior Data Engineer|
|Medellin, Colombia or San Jose, Costa Rica|
Gorilla Logic provides custom application development services on the ground and in the cloud to many of the world's leading software-driven organizations. Our highly collaborative, Agile Gorillas are uniquely qualified to implement complex software initiatives and are skilled at large Agile implementations. As an established leader in mobile, internet, and enterprise application development we attract some of the most talented developers and interesting projects. Gorilla Logic's commitment to solving advanced technology issues enables us to deliver high-quality, full-featured applications we are proud of.
● Full-time employment with Gorilla Logic.
● Work out of our very modern office in San Jose, Costa Rica or Medellín, Colombia.
● Position available to start ASAP; Flexible for 30-day notice.
● Fun environment and flexible work schedule.
● Paid company private insurance and compensated days off.
● Product ownership, close-knit team, and endless opportunities within company!
Senior Data Engineer
Gorilla Logic is looking for a Senior Data Engineer. This is a unique and highly technical role responsible for data analysis within the enterprise. This role works with multiple data sources, data aggregation into data lakes, and data transformation into value. Our environment will require you to work effectively with your teammates, of course. But your real success will be measured by how well you couple critical thinking with self-motivation, enthusiasm and determination.
● Analysis, organization and integration of raw data sources.
● Build data systems, data models and data pipelines.
● Work with key client stakeholders to evaluate business needs and priorities.
● Data interpretation for trending, patterns, value creation.
● Conduct complex data analysis and develop reports.
● Enhance data quality, reliability, efficiency and value.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
● 3-5 years working in data as an engineer. Building data solutions for a company who uses data as a primary part of their business.
● Strong experience in writing complex SQL queries.
● Strong experience in ETL/ELT platforms.
● Experience in BI and Analytics platforms - Looker, Tableau etc.
● Experience in data warehouse platforms - Snowflake, Redshift etc. and/or SQL RDBMS database platforms - MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server etc.
● Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
● Strong communication skills to interact across within the team and across the business.
● Good Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
● Analytics architecture experience.
Would you like to apply to this job?
While we may not currently have an open role that fits your skill set, we encourage you to submit your resume and begin our technical testing process!